Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Virus/Spyware on my pc...?

Unfortunately, I seem to have picked up a virus/some spyware from somewhere, and it is really annoying.



Fortunately, my McAfee picked up 3 trojan viruses and deleted them, however, something has been installed onto my PC.



Next to the time on my computer is an imitation 'Windows Security' shield that has a question mark and a red cross in it. When I click on it, it takes me to this website (please don't click on it incase it does anything to your pc, it is just incase this has happend to anyone else so they can help me) 'http://www.virprotect.com/?aff=1012' where it is trying to sell me Virus Protect Anti Spyware Protection.



My homepage has been changed to this 'http://homepagecell.com/' telling me I have a system security status warning on my pc, and I also have 'Security Toolbar 7.1' appeared at the top of my Internet Explorer.



I have done a full Lavasoft Ad-Aware scan, and restarted my PC, but nothing seems to have gone :(



Please please please can someone tell me what to do??



Virus/Spyware on my pc...?norton ghost



http://siri.urz.free.fr/Fix/SmitfraudFix...



Go here and follow the instructions.



Virus/Spyware on my pc...?software



Try going to your Add %26 Remove programs %26 remove the Security Toolbar. This happened to me once %26 it may be how I got rid of it.
try using spybot search and destroy from filehippo.com and also grab a coppy of ccleaner from the same place see what that turnes up
When you get Trojan's and Spyware it is difficult to remove it completely. When you go through this situation your best bet would to perform a System Restore (restoring your computer to an earlier time) and backing up your data then performing a Reformatting procedure. The system restore will inactivate the virus' but you will still have all the threats on the computer, the reformat will wipe everything and you can start new.



  • psychos ranting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment