Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Are there any programs i can download for free that will take viruses away from my computer??

iam looking for anti virus protection for free!!!!



Are there any programs i can download for free that will take viruses away from my computer??security



Avast is the best in my opinion. The thing about ''free'' anti virus programs, like AVG from Grisoft, is that the program is free and they will detect viruses, but my experience is once they find a virus, they ask you to buy their regular program to eradicate the virus. I was repairing a friends computer and he had AVG. It detected eleven Trojans on his computer. It wouldn't remove them unless he paid for the full program. So after that I gave up on AVG, thinking, what's so good about that. Besides, how can I trust an anti-virus program that tells me I have viruses but I have to pay to get them removed? How do I really know I have the viruses? So I searched for a truly free anti virus program. Avast is about the only one. You have to register with them yearly. So far, the registration is free. But like all things, prices change and they definitely go up. Avast has made a real niche in the anti virus market and has won many head to head competitions. My take is the program has been free in order to market it effectively. Once it gets a Nortonisk foothold, who knows? On the other hand I haven't got a virus since downloading Avast so I can't verify empirically that it will eradicate any virus. Avast automatically downloads the newest definitions and the newest versions. I believe it will eradicate viruses, but I believed AVG would too. The proof is in the pudding. However my money is on Avast until it disappoints me. So far, it is far and away the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment