Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Can I install both kaspersky internet security and kaspersky anti-virus at the same time in one comp

I have both the KIS and the KAV, and I wanted to know if it is possible to install both without having any problems. I have both in my computer, but sometimes the icon for kaspersky on my tray menu doesn't show up. Should I uninstall one of them? Which of the two should have the best protection?



Can I install both kaspersky internet security and kaspersky anti-virus at the same time in one computer?nortan



Probable your computer works slower.



Can I install both kaspersky internet security and kaspersky anti-virus at the same time in one computer?noton



ok as long as u only got 1 anti virus, u r ok wiv more than 1 anti spy
KAV and KIS use the exact same virus definition signatures. There is nothing to be gained by using both. I would un-install KAV.



In general, The use of 2 anti-virus programs at the same time can cause major conflicts. The 2 scanning engines will fight each other to scan every file that you read, write or execute which can cause a slowdown. For the same reason, using 2 A-Vs can cause you to have less protection from the various malware, not more.



(Using an anti-spyware with an anti-virus is good, however and is recommended)



  • psychos ranting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment