Friday, August 20, 2010

Anti Virus Programs for a Mac... how to keep my Mac secure?

Hello,



I have heard all this talk about how I don't need antivirus or malware protection programs for my new Mac, but I'd like to be careful. Can anyone tell me where I can download some good, free antivirus and malware scanner programs for a Mac? Any suggestions on what progs to use?



Also, any other tips on how to keep my mac secure would be appreciated. Thank you!



Anti Virus Programs for a Mac... how to keep my Mac secure?antivirus protection



I don't know anyone who uses an anti-virus for a Mac. I don't, and I've got four Macs at home.



In your mail preferences%26gt;viewing un-check the box that says ''Display Remote Images in HTML messages.'' That will help against steganography (hiding a virus in a pic).



In System Preferences, un-check everything in your ''Sharing'' tab. Turn on your built-in firewall. Turn off internet sharing.



Also set a password for yourself as the System Administrator.



You don't need anything else.



Anti Virus Programs for a Mac... how to keep my Mac secure?computer repair



If you want a good antivirus I recommend virus barrier it's



more stable than Norton and I have never had any issues



with it.
You probably won't have a virus problem with a Mac but you can download ClamXAV for free.



http://www.clamxav.com/
Norton Anti-virus has one but it'll bloat your Mac. So its a piece of sh**. But there is McAfee but the protection isn't very good either, you have to buy these two too. You don't need it, unless your downloading like p2p stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment