Friday, August 20, 2010

Info on Anti-virus?

I use AVG av and would like to know if i turn off AVG and install avast run a scan with it then turn it off and turn back on my AVG it would mess anything up? Cuz if i can i would like to be able to keep both in my pc at the same time but only use the avast to scan. when i do my weekly scans.so i can do my scan with avg then turn it off and scan with avast. just for added protection when i scan. Also i know you cant have 2 av on at the sametime. Thanks



Info on Anti-virus?cafe racer



I think they say you shouldn't use two antivirus programs in case of conflict. I have always used two antivirus programs. For a year I had CA and AVG and there was no conflict - it's all in how you set them up when installing the programs. But I didn't like CA and at the end of the year I didn't renew it, but changed to Avast. So I now have both AVG %26 Avast installed and use both and have been for almost two years - Avast provides real-time protection which the free version of AVG does not. There were only two potential areas of conflict that I could see involving these programs - having both programs scan your primary mail and automatic updating. To avoid any conflict, when I installed Avast I did not use the feature to scan my primary (default) mail program (which happens to be Outlook Express) - since I thought there could be a conflict if both programs were set to scan my mail program, so in setting up Avast I didn't use that feature (that was the only feature I did not use) and kept AVG as my primary mail scanner and prefer it over Avast in this area. As mentioned above, the only other conflict I could imagine was automatic updates - so when I finished installing Avast, I set it up so I could do the updates manually every day. I love both programs - they have different features - both are great programs and provide great protection. Also, I am confident, after using both of these programs for two years and having no problems or conflicts that these two programs can be used together. I also installed both AVG %26 Avast on a friend's computer a year ago - did the exact same set up - and again, no problems, no conflicts. These two programs do different things, and because of that was able to save their computer when it became badly infected. Avast actually found several ''decompression bombs'' on the computer that could have have destroyed their hard drive and AVG was able to heal all of the system files infected.

No comments:

Post a Comment