Wednesday, August 18, 2010

I got an e-card the other day and now I can't open MSN or hotmail.?

My Norton anti-virus won't open either and my Norton security centre says that my anti-virus protection is switched off but it won't let me 'Fix' it or switch it on. Please help. I can't afford to get this fixed at PC World!



I got an e-card the other day and now I can't open MSN or hotmail.?vista



Right, you've been infected - don't panic. The disabling of Norton is common (I don't like the program myself - too flaky).



Get Avast Anti virus (www.avast.com - free) install that and run a full system scan. If it suggests moving anything to the chest, do it, don't delete.



Get Spybot as well, download updates and run that.



Get ccleaner and run that.



Then don't open e-cards they're notorious for installing malware/trojans and viruses.



I got an e-card the other day and now I can't open MSN or hotmail.?antispyware



There are lots of dodgy e-cards being sent at the moment - most of them contain a virus. I would ignore it - if it was sent from a friend then they'll ask you sooner or later whether you got a card from them or not. Try deleting the message about the card and then your hotmail might work. If everything else on your pc is working then don't worry about having to get it fixed.
NEVER open the e-cards they are prone to viruses, tell your pals not to send them! They are the worst for spreading virus across computers, in the future don't open them!! Sorry i don't know what to recommend to help (only in 2nd year!) try replacing your anti-virus protection...
try totaly disableing norton and get avast or avg antivirus run them and see if that helps would also recomend getting adaware se and run that then try again.



norton is prety good but the ones i named are free for home use and just as good they also use a lot less prossesor power so you might find them better
download System Mechanic 6 free.click on repair then find and remove spyware,if any is



there it will remove them.if not it will fix problem
Open your PC in safe-mode, download a free anti-virus, ditch norton it`s really crap.



Do a complete anti-virus %26 anti-spyware check with your free virus checker.



Don`t ever open e-cards ''ditch them'' :-)



http://free.grisoft.com/freeweb.php/doc/...

No comments:

Post a Comment