Friday, August 20, 2010

My Norton anti virus product key won't work anymore?

I uninstalled norton 2007 in order to upgrade to vista. So when I go to try to reinstall it says it has to have XP in order to install and it aborts. I went to the symantec.com/vistaupdate website to get the upgrade. It won't allow me to use the product key as stated in my cd case. It says its been flagged although I have done nothing wrong (not shared it).



The computer is only 8 months old and I should have 4 more months of protection before I have to buy more. I can't believe the only option norton gives you is to SEND IN YOUR CD case and wait a month for them to resolve it. Thats BS. I have no protection in the mean time.



What can I do?



My Norton anti virus product key won't work anymore?antivirus software



Honestly. I would consider it a good thing that you can't install Norton back on the machine. In my honest opinion, Norton is a horrid program anymore. Its footprint is HUGE, and its leaks memory like a siv!



There are a few other products out there that are just as good for protection (if not better) and you don't notice they are running like you do with Norton.



I would recommend looking up AVG, and Trend Micro. They are both great products that I recommend to anyone asking about Antivirus / Internet Security. They both have a free trial you can download last I checked. So, even if you are set on getting Norton back, You could download one of their free trials, then the other while you wait. I think each is a month long.

No comments:

Post a Comment