Friday, August 20, 2010

Other than Norton anti-virus and McAfee what are some good reliable ones out there?

I was told Norton was to much of a hog in my computer to run and I'm using Web root, but I just don't think it's giving me the protection. What are some good ones that wont cost an arm and a leg to get? Thanks



Other than Norton anti-virus and McAfee what are some good reliable ones out there?computer



I have used AVG Anti Virus, Zone Alarm Firewall, Spy-bot Search and Destroy and Ad Aware both spyware killers for years. They are all free for personal use and I have had no trouble with Viruses Trojans etc. AVG does not slow the system down as much as some other products and Zone Alarm allows a lot of personal configuration unlike the Windows Firewall. They can all be downloaded from the following linkhttp://www.computeractive.co.uk/. On the home page select downloads and then the appropriate category.I also use Windows Defender from the Microsoft site. It is safe to use two anti-spy products but never use more than one A/V as it can cause conflicts. You should run A/V and anti spy weekly. Hope this helps



Other than Norton anti-virus and McAfee what are some good reliable ones out there?free spyware



trend micro is one of the best right up there with norton but trend micr is cheaper and doesnt bogg down your cpu as much. you can buy this software at any retail store for about 19.99 that includes a year subscription of support and updates. enjoy
I use webroot and It has done a better job than Mcaffee and Norton
Kaspersky works really well. It cost about $ 50. If you have a compusa go there they have very good rebates on there products. I paid only $10 for mines.
AVG is excellent. It may be free (there is a professional edition) but it is very good. AVG anti-spyware is also a good program
I have used Norton, McAfee and several others. The one I settled on is The Shield Antivirus and Firewall. Small memory usage and catches almost everything.
Get some of these programs listed below.All these software work very well,they are the leaders in the current market.



  • isthismarriedmanjustflirting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment